I had the great pleasure of being a committee member and presenter at IT Summit 2015. The following is a repost from Joanna Saunders. We appreciate her live blogging of our final Ignite session.
IT Summit 2015 Ignite Session
Rules of the presentation: Each speaker gets 15 slides shown for 15 seconds each on an automatic rotation for a total of five minutes of fame to share the newest, latest and greatest technology in this fast paced event.
Presenters: Vicki Davis, Jim Swan, Dean Shareski, Carlene Walter
Ideas shared during the session:
Dean's message: Creativity
- Bad selfies and silly pictures = creativity come from being silly
- We live in a remix culture where we play with images to make powerful products
- Creativity can make us create powerful things such as posting where earthquakes happen on Twitter.
- Teachers work with scraps that others would throw out and then work with students to create something beautiful
- "Adults need to have fun so that children will want to grow up."
Carlene's message: Digital Fluency - our students need a toolkit to help them work and play
Jim's Message: 10 year report card on technology
- Piloting social media
- Teachers are important and they just use the tech to teach
- Why isn't every day Friday?
- How do we personalize learning?
- Using tech to re-watch a lesson
- Students want to direct their own learning
- The new tech alphabet
- Learning needs to be = personalized, learner-driven, applied, cost-effective
Vicky's Message: Choose Your Habits, Change Your Life
- 40% don't change habit
- Choose your habits
- Manage your time and how you spend it
- How will you spend your habits?
- Most people don't know what their ideal work looks like
- Create launch routines - 30-30 app to help make important things happen routinely
- Miracle Morning Pavers - start my day right
- Mud Puddle Principle - can share your habits
- Habit Stacking - add a habit that you already have
- 20 second rule - more likely to do it
- Keep calms and make your bed
- Every 90 minutes you need to move
- What you do during your break - take a mental break
- Set alarms - a personal attitude check twice a day
- Exercise - every little bit helps
- Joy Journal - you will be happier if you write down every day something you are joyful about
- Signature Strength - you will be happier if you use it every day
- Reading/learning Habit - read in the field that you want to be the best at
- Get Rid of Gossip - makes you poor and makes you worse
- Watch less TV
- You don't accidentally climb Mt. Everest - you choose to